Re: documentation navigation

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: documentation navigation
Date: 2011-01-28 02:50:14
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 28 January 2011 02:35, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> There has been discussion about how hard it is to navigate our
> documentation, particularly the lack of an "Up" link at the top of the
> page, and uselessness of the "fast forward/backward" links.
>
> Who is going to correct this?  Should I do it?  Where should I look?

I'd find it more useful if the navigation were more like the French
version of the docs. Instead of prev/next, it replaces them with the
titles of the sections those links would navigate to, although I think
it would be nicer to precede it with the section number too. I don't
think "up" is particularly useful either, since it's not clear what
page you'll land on, which again, the French docs have solved by
having a breadcrumb-style nav at the top.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion