Re: merge command - GSoC progress

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Boxuan Zhai <bxzhai2010(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: merge command - GSoC progress
Date: 2010-07-30 16:31:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> If you had those done for this patch, I
> wouldn't have to ask for code examples; I could just look at the source to
> the regression output and see how to use it against the standard database
> the regression samples create, and then execute against.

I agree. While not every feature needs regression tests, something
this complex certainly does. Also, running the regression tests
(frequently!) can help you realize when you've broken the existing
code before too much time goes by and it's no longer easy to figure
out which change is responsible for the breakage.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company