Re: sepgsql contrib module

From: Kohei Kaigai <Kohei(dot)Kaigai(at)EU(dot)NEC(dot)COM>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: sepgsql contrib module
Date: 2011-03-03 10:38:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Sorry so much!
I thought I replied to the question already, but not yet.

> $ find /usr/share/selinux -name '*ake*'
> /usr/share/selinux/default/include/Makefile
> /usr/share/selinux/ubuntu/include/Makefile
> /usr/share/selinux/mls/include/Makefile
>
> Not sure which of these would be the right one to use.

The 4th level entry shall be replaced by policy type.

So, if "ubuntu" policy type is available on the system, the Makefile
we shall use is /usr/share/selinux/ubuntu/include/Makefile .
^^^^^^

We can confirm the current available policy type from /etc/selinux/config
or using sestatus command.

[kaigai(at)vmlinux tmp]$ sestatus
SELinux status: enabled
SELinuxfs mount: /selinux
Current mode: enforcing
Mode from config file: enforcing
Policy version: 24
Policy from config file: targeted
^^^^^^^^ It is the policy type.

In this case, the current available policy type is "targeted".

BTW, it seems to me the base version of selinux-policy-* package in Ubuntu
is forked from an older snapshot (20091117), so it does not have enough rules
to run SE-PostgreSQL.

Right now, Fedora 13/14 is the easiest way.

Thanks,
--
NEC Europe Ltd, Global Competence Center
KaiGai Kohei <kohei(dot)kaigai(at)eu(dot)nec(dot)com>