Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...
Date: 2006-11-28 03:22:52
Lists: pgsql-www

On Nov 17, 2006, at 2:06 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Marc,
>> Damn, I thought we had set that up for you awhile back ... port 26 on
>> mail.postgresql.org will accept external smtp connections as well
>> as port
>> 25, to get around this ... we have a fair # of clients whose cable
>> ISPs do
>> the same thing :(
>
> Yes, you tried, but the Mariott I was staying at blocked 26 as
> well. Anyway,
> AuthSMTP is paid for and is reasonably secure.

BTW, most hotels I've been at do provide some means to unblock port
25, the assumption being that if you're clueful enough to accomplish
that, you probably don't have any bots running on your laptop.
There's actually a website you can hit for most of them that will do
it, but I don't remember what it is (I just went the easy route and
opened 587 on my mail server).
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net