Re: BUG #5323: plperl and plperlu interaction segfaults

From: Alexey Klyukin <alexk(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Olszewski <cxreg(at)pobox(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5323: plperl and plperlu interaction segfaults
Date: 2010-02-11 20:12:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Feb 11, 2010, at 10:02 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Dave Olszewski <cxreg(at)pobox(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>> Bug reference: 5323
>> Logged by: Dave Olszewski
>> Email address: cxreg(at)pobox(dot)com
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.9
>> Operating system: Linux
>> Details:
>>
>> Creating the following functions reliably segfaults Postgres for me:
>>
>> CREATE LANGUAGE 'plperl';
>> CREATE LANGUAGE 'plperlu';
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_one() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$ $$ language
>> 'plperlu';
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_two() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$ $$ language
>> 'plperl';
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_two() RETURNS TRIGGER AS $$ $$ language
>> 'plperl';
>>
>> A possibly interesting note is that if I create "two, one, two two" it will
>> not crash, but just 'one, two two" will.
>
> I think this might be the same problem previously discussed here:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-01/msg00224.php

Seems to be the same problem. Backtrace I'm getting on 8.4 is almost identical to the one at the end of this post:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-01/msg00144.php

> Does that patch fix it?

The problem doesn't appear on 9.0 alpha with that patch committed.

--
Alexey Klyukin http://www.CommandPrompt.com/
The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc