Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting data from query window(tr uncating)

From: Godshall Michael <Michael_Godshall(at)gmachs(dot)com>
To: "'pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug in pgadmin III displaying/exporting data from query window(tr uncating)
Date: 2003-10-02 20:29:31
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I am running version 1.0.0, Win2k, english version, and postgresql 7.3.4
under cygwin.

In the File->Options->Query->max. characters per column I have changed the
default to 5000 characters. When I run a query in a pgadminIII the columns
that I have defined as text stop displaying data after 511 characters.

If I choose to export the data from the query screen the data in for my text
columns is also truncated at 511 characters.

If I use postgresql copy command in pgadminIII window to export the data to
a file then the data is not truncated.

I have tried closing out pgadminIII and re-opening but the data is still
truncated.

Michael Godshall
GMAC Global Relocation <http://www.gmacglobalrelocation.com/> Services

michael_godshall(at)gmachs(dot)com <mailto:michael_godshall(at)gmachs(dot)com>