Re: no more problems with mailing list addresses

From: Daniel Staal <DStaal(at)usa(dot)net>
To: PGSQL-Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2006-09-09 21:39:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

--As of September 9, 2006 8:18:32 AM -0700, Richard Broersma Jr is alleged
to have said:

> only thing is, I have to manually remove then the personal
>> addresses of any participantes in the thread to prevent them from
>> receiveing duplicate messages... is there any other way? -- well, this
>> is actually OT, isn't it?
>
> Actually, there was a thread on the General List where someone brought up
> the same issue. The respondants discussed why it is configured this way.
> IIRC, the personal address is included to allow quick reply to
> individuals as the mail from the list can have significant delays. But it
> was up to the "REPLIER" to decide whether on not to delete the personal
> address and keep the list address.

--As for the rest, it is mine.

It's kinda a religious issue, really... I actually set my 'reply-to'
header to the list (when I can, I don't always use the same email client
for this address) so that replies automatically go to the list but not to
me.

There are arguments to be made both ways. Some lists rewrite the headers,
some don't.

We deal.

Daniel T. Staal

This email copyright the author. Unless otherwise noted, you
the contents for non-commercial purposes. This copyright will
local copyright law.