FW: very slow updates

From: Xavier Bugaud <xavier(dot)bugaud(at)parabolemaurice(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: very slow updates
Date: 2002-08-01 07:31:17
Lists: pgsql-general

> 1. Are you using transactions?
> 2. Do you have an index on id?

Hi,

Thanks for answering...

1. I tried with and without transctions : same result. In the
tests I make right now, I have disable transactions.

2. yes, a unique index.

Each time I run a "VACUUM FULL", the process is very fast
again for 6-7 times (10-15s). After that, it takes again
about 2-3 minutes...
When I only run a "VACUUM" (not FULL), it doesn't make any difference.

--
Xavier Bugaud