Re: Backend Stats Enhancement Request

From: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Lee <tom(at)vector-seven(dot)com>, David Miller <miller392(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backend Stats Enhancement Request
Date: 2008-06-20 18:51:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Jun 20, 2008, at 11:48 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org> writes:
>> I realize we just got rid of stats_command_string, but if we're
>> adding a GUC back in we might as well allow it to be set to 0 which
>> disables logging.
>
> How would that not duplicate track_activities?

Sorry, I thought there was more rolled into that than just
current_query.

I know this is quite a bit of churn here, but ISTM we should
deprecate track_activities in favor of setting the new size GUC to 0.
Unless folks are really tied to being able to control that without a
restart...
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel(at)decibel(dot)org