Will postgress handle too big tables?

From: Yuva Chandolu <ychandolu(at)ebates(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Will postgress handle too big tables?
Date: 2002-06-10 21:42:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

We are moving to Postgres from Oracle. We have a few tables that have around
8 to 10 millions of rows and their size increases very rapidly(deletions are
very less on these tables). How will Postgres hanlde very big tables like
this? or would it be very slow when compared to Oracle? Do you have any case
studies in this regd?

Also anyone know of any perticular documentation/links that talks
specifically about "migrating to Postgres from Oracle"?, Please let me know
if you have kind of document that would be of great use to us.

Thanks
Yuva
Sr. Java Developer
http://www.ebates.com