Re: autovacuum log?

From: Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
To: MG <pgsql-general(at)carladata(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autovacuum log?
Date: 2007-12-13 16:58:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Vacuum only writes normal operations messages to the logs if you have
log_min_messages set to DEBUG2 or DEBUG3 (with DEBUG3 giving more
output). I'm not sure what query stats are kept for autovacuum
activities in 8.3, but in versions <= 8.2.x you can run the following
query to see what autovacuum is currently doing:

SELECT current_query
FROM pg_stat_activity
WHERE query_start IS NULL;

This works because autovacuum vacuum queries started by autovacuum
apparently don't have their start time (or client_addr) noted.

On Dec 13, 2007, at 8:00 AM, MG wrote:

> Hello,
>
> when I put the autovacuum on, where can I check what it does? Is
> there any log-file?
>
> Regards
> Michaela

Erik Jones