Re: pg_dump problem

From: lbayuk(at)mindspring(dot)com (ljb)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump problem
Date: 2001-09-13 01:08:29
Lists: pgsql-general

lholt(at)greensand(dot)net wrote:
>Hi all,
> anybody seen this one?
>------
>pgsu(at)dsl-225:~>pg_dump mydb > xxx.dump
>getDatabase(): SELECT failed. Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
>More than one tuple returned by a subselect used as an expression.
>'.
>-----------
>I'm on Slackware 8.0 with postgres 7.1.2 compilied locally
>and installed. Running AuthPg, mod_perl DBI serving dynamic
>web pages. Everything appears to work ok except pg_dump.
>
>Any Ideas?

Check your list of databases and their owner IDs (select datname,datdba
from pg_databases). Then check your pg_users table, looking for those owner
ids (as usesysid). Maybe you have a duplicate user ID in your user table
(pg_user/pg_shadow) which owns a database. This query might help:
select datname,datdba,usename from pg_database,pg_user
where datdba=usesysid;
For each database name, there must be exactly one usename.