Re: Perfomance decreasing

From: "Ivan Babikov" <iab(at)qms(dot)e-burg(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Perfomance decreasing
Date: 2001-08-17 08:09:33
Lists: pgsql-general

> In this case, however, I think he may be understating too much. I read
the original question as "PostgreSQL is not useful for production systems."
Call me melodramatic if you like: you are probably right.

> The point, I guess, is this: it would be really useful to have a document
somewhere that honestly described the limitations of (the current version
of) PostgreSQL.

Do you mean Postgres becomes very weak when the size of a database achieves
1.5Gb or something close to it?

Maybe this is one of typical questions, but I have heard people complaining
that Postgres is just for quite small bases. Now we have to choose a free
database for then inexpensive branch of our project and Interbase looks
better at capability to work with quite big bases (up to 10-20Gb). I am not
sure now that Postgres will work with bases greater than 10Gb, what does All
think?

Thanks in advance, Ivan Babikoff.