Restriction by grouping problem.

From: "Jeff Barrett" <jbarrett(at)familynetwork(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Restriction by grouping problem.
Date: 2001-07-26 21:09:24
Lists: pgsql-sql

The query I have now:

SELECT min(datettime), sid FROM logs GROUP by sid;

This returns the first instance of an sid in the logs table, there can be
many rows in the table for each sid. The problem I have is that I do not
need the SID I just need to group the min(datetime) by it. I need to return
the column getfile. So the question I have is how would I create the
retstriction of the min(datetime), sid and only return the value of getfile?

The english of what I am looking for is.

Select the getfile for the earliest of each sid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Jeff