Timestamp without time zone

From: "Pasi Salminen" <pasi(dot)salminen(at)khf(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timestamp without time zone
Date: 2001-06-14 08:12:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am trying to create table with a field which type is timestamp
and I don't want it to be timestamp with time zone.

If I create the table with the following statement,
field type becomes timestamp with time zone:

CREATE TABLE "test" ("timest" timestamp DEFAULT now());

How can I make a field which type is "timestamp without time zone"?

Regards.

Pasi Salminen