Re: Unable to set postmaster to accept TCP/IP Connection

From: "Abhishek MANDHANA" <abhishekrm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jose Esquivel" <josearesvi(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to set postmaster to accept TCP/IP Connection
Date: 2008-05-25 08:06:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I am also a beginner and faced more or less similar type of problem using
PgAdmin III and did the following..

Chk out the path where your pg_hba.conf and other files where you wish to do
settings are located..

Go to this path and open it using text editor..You might have set the
configuration file a lot of times and with different possibilities to get it
work before you posted here and while you tried this configurations , they
get all stored in this configuration files ,Please remove all of them and
keeep only the one which you neeed..REmove also blank lines if any in this
file.

Save it and I hope you could get back to work..For me this worked.

Cheers,
Abhi