Re: Temp Tables

From: mdb002(at)yahoo(dot)com (mdb)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temp Tables
Date: 2002-03-08 14:45:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Scott,
Thanks for the response.

However, I have further narrowed down the problem. The temp tables
were not the problem. I was creating views of the temp tables which
was the problem. Now why would I create a view of temp tables you
ask? I am using VB, before I get blasted for this heresy it was
originally an access and vb application that we are upgrading to
PostgreSQL. The code is substantial and to recode everthing would be
a substantial undertaking. Back to the problem the VB connection does
not see the temp table if I do not use a view. A little bit about the
temp table it is used to emulate an access crosstab query and columns
are added and removed (table deleted and columns added) multiple times
as the users enter data. I display the data in DBGrid using a
recordset and setting the dbgrid datasource property (no
dataenvironment or datacontrol used). Has anybody used temp tables to
display data with vb and how do you do it?

Marc