What is the equivalent of Oracle's RAW in pg?

From: "Laurent Duperval" <lduperval(at)microcelli5(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What is the equivalent of Oracle's RAW in pg?
Date: 2001-05-14 20:56:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I compiled and installed the latest version of the pg sources from CVS.
I'm trying to do the equivalent of the RAW type from oracle. I thought
varbit(n) was the way to go but when I try to use it, I get an error.
Varbit alone works, though. Is this a case of me not knowing how to use
it properly or are the docs wrong?

Thanks,

Laurent Duperval <mailto:lduperval(at)microcelli5(dot)com>

Ne vous moquez pas maître. C'est le titillement de la recherche scientifique
qui me fit sortir du lit, malgré l'aube matinale de l'après-midi!
-Le disciple