PostgreSQL - PHP insert deleted from database immediately?

From: "Sami" <samihREM-ME(at)email(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL - PHP insert deleted from database immediately?
Date: 2001-04-24 07:04:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I'm trying to insert data from a php-page. The connection is open and
select-functions work perfectly. The problem is that an insert will - as far
as I know - insert the data and then immediately erase it.

The insert statement executed from php is:

$otsikko = "Insert testi";
$teksti = "Koeteksti 1";

$sqllause = "INSERT INTO jutut (otsikko,teksti) VALUES ('";
$sqllause = $sqllause . $otsikko . "','" . $teksti . "');";
ECHO $sqllause;
$tulos = pg_exec ($db,$sqllause);
if (!$tulos) {
echo "Sql-insert error.\n";
exit;
}
This results are the following in the web-browser:

INSERT INTO jutut (otsikko,teksti) VALUES ('Insert testi','Koeteksti
1');

Which when copied into the psql-console indeed does the insert correctly.

The reason I know the PHP-insert is done, but deleted is derived from the
fact that an automatically incremented index in the table is incremented
when the php-script is executed.

I get no error messages.

Could someone please help?