converting to postgresql

From: "Shannon Peevey" <tanmsp(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: converting to postgresql
Date: 2001-04-20 15:48:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello!

Has anyone converted from ms sql server 7 to postgresql? We are looking at
the alternatives for an nt 4 box with cold fusion server, nes, and sql
server. I would like to move to linux, apache, postgresql, and cold fusion.
We are a large university, so this change must be very sure and come with
nice win32 gui's that we can implement on the desktop. I think the
postgresql would be a good leap, what do you think?

Shannon Peevey
Programmer Analyst
University of North Texas
speevey(at)cc(dot)admin(dot)unt(dot)edu