Re: Postgres Pg_connect PHP

From: Vyacheslav Kalinin <vka(at)mgcp(dot)com>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: Tory M Blue <tmblue(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Pg_connect PHP
Date: 2009-06-11 13:04:14
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>wrote:

> Vyacheslav Kalinin <vka(at)mgcp(dot)com> writes:
>
> > $conn = pg_pconnect("dbname=foo");
>
> Please reconsider and use plain pg_connect().
> --
> dim

Uh, I just copied/pasted that part from somewhere in PHP manual, personally
I tend to use plain pg_connect and pgbouncer for pooling when needed.For
those curious why pconnect is not the best option for connection pooling -
discussion on this topic rises in this list from time to time, check this
out, for instance:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-08/msg00660.php