redundant databases for 24hx7d operation

From: Giorgio Verde <giorgio(dot)verde(at)emaze(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: redundant databases for 24hx7d operation
Date: 2001-04-10 13:53:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am a newbie in postgres and I need to organise a database mirroring
library for continous operation with very short recovery time in case one
of the 2 database copies fails.. As I saw that this problem has already
been experienced by more than one in this newgroup, i would like to ask for
some suggestions of the best ways to solve the problem.

I am currently thinking of using trigger functions for this problem.. is
this a good approach? What is the best approach for database resync after
failure?

Thank you very much,
Giorgio Verde