Re: fmgr_info error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ldm(at)apartia(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: fmgr_info error
Date: 2000-05-21 18:03:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Louis-David Mitterrand <cunctator(at)apartia(dot)ch> writes:
> After creating a trigger on an insert I get this error:
> auction=> insert into bid values('mito',3,354);
> NOTICE: you bid the exact increment of 5
> ERROR: fmgr_info: function 38667: cache lookup failed
> And the insert is not performed as it should. What does this error mean?

Offhand I'd guess that you deleted and recreated the function, but
didn't delete and recreate the trigger definition, so it's still
pointing at the now-gone version of the function.

This could stand to be cleaned up :-( ... but right now you have
to remake triggers referencing a function whenever you remake
the function.