Storing passwords

From: Oleg Lebedev <oleg(dot)lebedev(at)waterford(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Storing passwords
Date: 2003-12-01 01:07:02
Lists: pgsql-general

My application needs to store user names and passwords in the database
via JDBC connection. What is the right way to do this? What should be
the database type of the password column? How do I encrypt the password
before sending it to the database? What other database settings need to
be enabled for this to work?

Thanks.

Oleg

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for the named recipient only.
If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all attachments.
Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using information in this e-mail is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.