Rules Questions

From: Rob Brown-Bayliss <rob(at)ZOOstation(dot)cc>
To: PGSQL Novice List <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Rules Questions
Date: 2001-06-11 05:38:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am looking at the rules section of the postgres doc's and have a few
questions.

IS it possible to have a rule modify a WHERE clause, and what happens if
the rule adds a clause that is in the original clause?

And, assuming that above is possible, cab it be overriden? For example
I would like to have a rule that adds a WHERE clause of status<>'DELETE'
as an example, so that my client app does not need to have this clause
in very select.

But at other times I woulkd like to be able to select all rows where the
statsu is delete.

--

Rob Brown-Bayliss