Installed OpenSSL but still cannot install PostgreSQL

From: "Tamir Halperin" <tamir(at)brobus(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installed OpenSSL but still cannot install PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-03-24 09:42:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have installed openssl-0.9.7a_2 from the ports collection without a glitch. I'm new to this and don't know if simply doing make, make install and make clean is all that is required for getting openssl properly installed. It shows up listed in /var/db/pkg in my FreeBSD 4.6 system. However, when I try to make postgresql7 from the ports collection I'm told:

This port requires the OpenSSL library, which is part of the FreeBSD crypto distribution but not installed on your machine.

Not sure what to do next.

Tamir