ECPG patch causes warning

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ECPG patch causes warning
Date: 2010-01-10 12:24:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

The ecpg patch at
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=2f567552
causes a compile warning on win64 (andi think win32, but I didn't
recheck that). Specifically, line 140 of typename.c has:
return (-type);

Where type is of type Oid, which is unsigned. This causes the warning:
.\src\interfaces\ecpg\ecpglib\typename.c(140): warning C4146: unary
minus operator applied to unsigned type, result still unsigned

I think that line tries to fix that problem, but either it does it
wrong, or just in a way that MSVC can't deal with. I think you need to
cast it to a signed type as well?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/