ssize_t vs win64

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ssize_t vs win64
Date: 2010-01-02 14:42:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When trying to build plpython on win64, it fails because ssize_t is
defined differently.

PostgreSQL has it as
typedef long ssize_t;

And python has it as:
typedef __int64 ssize_t;

The postgresql deifnition comes from include/port/win32.h, which leads
me to think that we should just change that one to be int64? (it
builds and passes tests if I do)

I'm not entirely sure what the type is for, though, so I figured I'd
better ask :-)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/