Re: [ANNOUNCE] Free VPS Hosting w/ PostreSQL - Limited # Available

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Free VPS Hosting w/ PostreSQL - Limited # Available
Date: 2010-01-01 15:38:32
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-www

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 16:34, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> We hav ea section on the web site to post announcements of specials?
>>
>> No, but we have a section for posting hosting sites. Said hosting
>> sites are expected to use their own channels for specials.
>
> And the policy against this was discussed when, and posted where?  In fact,
> looking at our web site, there actually is *no* policy about what can /
> cannot be posted to -announce (and I know we had / have one floating around)
> ... there should be something a bit more prominent / public posted ...

I though tit was the same one as for news on the website, which
specifically has:
"
Other types of announcements, including minor releases, pricing
changes, leadership changes, 3rd-party news coverage, partnerships,
and mergers & acquisitions will be rejected.
"

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/