Re: msvc build fails in Japanese environment

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: msvc build fails in Japanese environment
Date: 2009-12-30 12:26:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2009/12/30 Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>:
> Hi,
>
> I try to build msvc version of postgres using the current cvs and
> get the following error.
>
> Unable to determine vcbuild version from first line of output! at
> src/tools/msvc/Solution.pm line 70.
>
> The error comes from the following output of vcbuild /? in my
> environment.
>
> Microsoft(R) Visual C++ Project Builder - コマンド ライン バージョン 8.00.50727
>
> The "Command Line Version" part is localized.
> In addtion there's no space between "Mircrosoft" and "(R)".

How typical of Microsoft to localize different strings in different languages :S

Since this is not the first time we've run into issues specifically
with the Japanese version of Windows, perhaps we should try to get a
japanese buildfarm member running?

Is this something you could help with? Or somebody else from our
Japanese community?

> The attahced patch fixes the error in my environment.

Applied, thanks.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/