Re: pgFoundry Download URLs

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date: 2009-12-27 10:14:16
Lists: pgsql-www

2009/12/27 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>:
> 2009/12/27 Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>:

>>> Click the URL to see the pgtap.spec file, which has the download URL in it.
>>
>> Oh.  I see now.  Heh...
>
> And the answer is unfortunately, no, there is no way around that
> unless you want to start hacking the gforge code. And if you want to
> do that, you can start by upgrading it :-p

You can always use the mirror network to download the file, instead of
going to the pgfoundry site itself, no? See:
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/projects/pgFoundry/pgtap/

Which will give you download URLs. You can also point directly to a
mirror either through the redirection service
(http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/redir/155/h/projects/pgFoundry/pgtap/pgtap-0.23.tar.gz
for example, where 155 is the mirror id of one of the swedish
mirrors), or directly at a single mirror. If it would help we can
easily add a mirror redirector specifically for automatic downloads
that will just throw you to a random mirror.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/