Re: Enable SSPI on cygwin

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Reini Urban <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Enable SSPI on cygwin
Date: 2009-07-24 21:55:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 23:47, Reini Urban<rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at> wrote:
> Attached is my patch to enable SSPI on cygwin.

Is it really such a good idea to keep doing #define WIN32 and #undef
WIN32 in multiple places? It seems very fragile to me - we should keep
the defines for cygwin and win32 separate. Even if that means that the
patch changes a bunch of places into (win32 or cygwin). Either that,
or we need to declare a global define somewhere that is
WIN32_OR_CYGWIN. Doing it this way makes it much harder to spot what
the defines actually mean.

IIRC, we discussed that before, and came to a similar conclusion, but
I could be wrong.

--
Magnus Hagander
Self: http://www.hagander.net/