Re: Migrate from MS SQL 6.5 to postgres??

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: "Steve O'Hagan" <sohagan(at)dont-spam-me-stanger(dot)com(dot)hk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrate from MS SQL 6.5 to postgres??
Date: 2001-02-26 14:58:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Mensaje citado por: Steve O'Hagan <sohagan(at)dont-spam-me-stanger(dot)com(dot)hk>:

> Any utilities around which would ease the pain involved in migrating an
> m$
> sql6.5 database running on WinNT box to postgres running on a Linux
> box??
>
> If no such utilities around - any advice on strategy to adopt??

Just a few guesses.
1) ODBC?
2) I'm not sure on how MSSQL dumps, but if you can have it dump an SQL style
file, it would be easy to upload it to postgres, via psql.

Saludos... :-)

System Administration: It's a dirty job,
but someone told I had to do it.
Martín Marqués email: martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar
Santa Fe - Argentina http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar