READ ONLY & I/O ERROR

From: Sam Jas <samjas33(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: READ ONLY & I/O ERROR
Date: 2009-11-26 13:40:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Folks,

I am frequently getting read-only file system error on my server.

We are using postgreSQL, GridSQL database. The size of database is very huge.
Architecture Details:
CentOS 5.3 64 bit Areca high point rocket raid 3520 8 port
32 GB RAM
assemble hardware

We are daily processing millions of rows and loadiing into database. We have marked that when we create a new database it worked fine upto 20 or 25 days. After that we
are getting errors like "read only file system" , data is corrupted. Therefore we are running fsck to remove bad blocks from the disk. However, after running fsck also we are getting the same error.

I will appreciate you if somebody help me to get rid out of this issue.

--
Thanks
Sam Jas