Re: The Axe list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The Axe list
Date: 2008-10-11 01:26:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Any objections to dropping both of these?

You should ask on -general, not here, if you are trying to find out
whether the modules have any users.

I tend to agree that chkpass is of doubtful value, but I'm not so sure
about intagg. As you said yourself, we haven't yet replaced its
functionality with a generalized substitute. Also, it's the only
example in the current codebase of a useful technique, ie, an aggregate
function doing its own memory management.