deadlock,ODBC,C++Builder

From: Daniel a <daniel(at)uni(dot)opole(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: deadlock,ODBC,C++Builder
Date: 1998-08-25 17:31:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I wrote an application (C++Builder - Insight PGSQL ODBC driver -
PostgreSQL 6.3.2). Everything works fine ( PostgreSQL is great). But I have
ONE problem. How can I avoid deadlock using TTable (in C++Builder) component
for editing or inserting data When one user started editing and another (on
different PC) try to to save its data , second application hungs up until the
first one application's exit. I found in 'man lock' that I should use begin/end
transaction block. ODBC log file indicates that BDE (Borland Database Engine)
declares cursors between begin/end, and make update between begin/and.

Please, Help me!
Daniel Las