Y2K compliant

From: "Justin Hickey" <jhickey(at)impact1(dot)hpcc(dot)nectec(dot)or(dot)th>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: jhickey(at)hpcc(dot)nectec(dot)or(dot)th
Subject: Y2K compliant
Date: 1998-06-15 16:26:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I was recently asked to determine if PostgreSQL was Y2K compliant. Looking at
the questions archive, I found the following:

On April 13, 1998, Thomas G. Lockhart writes:
> For Postgres v6.3 (and earlier) the default date/time style is "traditional
> Postgres". In future releases, the default may become ISO-8601, which
> alleviates date specification ambiguities and Y2K collation problems.

Does this imply that PostgreSQL is not Y2K compliant but will be in a future
release?

BTW please CC any replies since I am not on the mailing list.

Thank you in advance for any information.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey) e-mail: jhickey(at)hpcc(dot)nectec(dot)or(dot)th
High Performance Computing Center
Bangkok, Thailand
of us who do. ---Anonymous

Jazz and Trek Rule!!!