From: "Houfek, Thomas" <thomas(dot)houfek(at)Vanderbilt(dot)Edu>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2009-10-28 19:52:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

We are moving from Oracle to PostgreSQL and have hit a hitch.

We have a few views that we want to expose to partners at another
institution. However, we do not want them to be able to see the schemas
or even really the names of our other databases. I have found no way to
hide databases and tables from users within a database cluster. It
appears that people have been complaining about not being able to do
this in PG, going a long way back. Is there presently some way to do
this, that I have missed? If not, what approach would you recommend to
accomplish what we want to do here?

I appreciate any help you can give me!

Thomas

(Sent this before I subscribed to the list. It looked like not being
subscribed was holding up the post. I don't mean to spam you with
reposts; sorry for any trouble....)

---

Thomas Houfek

Project Manager, Center for Stem Cell Biology

Vanderbilt University Medical Center

thomas(dot)houfek(at)vanderbilt(dot)edu

(615) 322-9310

  • Re: at 2009-10-28 20:37:11 from Scott Marlowe