Re: [BUG] Uninitializaed configOut.leafType used.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Ranier Vilela <ranier_gyn(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUG] Uninitializaed configOut.leafType used.
Date: 2019-11-13 19:13:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> It certainly could be more obvious. I'm not a fan of the spgist code :(.

Yeah. The claimed problem is unreachable, because the only way to get
there is for configOutLefttype/configOutRighttype to have been set to
something valid by a previous execution of the SPGIST_CONFIG_PROC case.
However, if the proclist members don't appear in numerical sequence,
we'd get a bogus failure because the "ok = false" path would be taken.
That "if" is true normally because of the way the catcache works, but
I think it's possible to make it fail if you disable system index usage.
Not a realistic scenario in practice, but less robust than I'd like.
Can't get terribly excited about fixing it though.