Re: Open 7.3 items

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Ron Snyder <snyder(at)roguewave(dot)com>, Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open 7.3 items
Date: 2002-08-14 17:48:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> In a way that user has to be special for this case
> because of the requirement that at least one person be able to connect
> when you flip that flag.

Why does anyone need to be special? The behavior should be to try the
given user name, and if that's not found then to try user(at)db(dot) I see no
need to special-case any user.

> Basically, I am not going to stop working on something when one person
> objects or this will never get done,

He didn't say to stop working on it. He said to fix the misdesigned
parts. And I quite agree that those parts are misdesigned.