From: Ms swati chande <swativc(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2009-06-29 19:17:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I have built PostgreSQL from source using Visual Studio 2005.
After the installation when i tried creating a database using 'createdb', I came accross the following problem.

I wrote
createdb demo

and was asked for a password.I have not set any password anywhere.

I edited the pg_hba.conf so as to solve the problem, but it allows me access only to template1, as postgres.

How can this problem be addressed. Pl. guide.

Regards
Swati