Problem with security

From: Troy(dot)Campano(at)LibertyMutual(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with security
Date: 2001-12-03 18:26:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Maybe this is an easy one but,

I've created a user called 'ebstrack' and they own a database called
'ebs_dd'.

When I'm on a different server than the database server, and I do this at a
unix prompt:

$> psql ebs_dd -U ebstrack --host=archer

It logs me in without a password, and I am able to SELECT off the tables.

Any idea on how to prevent this?

Thanks!

Troy Campano

[:==> Troy Campano <==:]
Database (Request Manager/web/database)
http://intranet:3000/infosys/infra/software/database/dbapp/
<http://intranet:3000/infosys/infra/software/database/dbapp/>
http://intranet2/reqman/ <http://intranet2/reqman/>
Microsoft gave you Windows, UNIX the whole house.