ALTER TABLE & COLUMN

From: Çağıl Şeker <cagils(at)biznet(dot)com(dot)tr>
To: "PostgreSQL-General-List (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ALTER TABLE & COLUMN
Date: 2002-11-29 16:05:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am surprised by the fact that altering tables and columns is so limited in PostgreSQL, this powerful DBMS! Changing column types and droping columns are missing important features I think.

I am corious about the rationale behind these design decisions. Are they high-end features for a DBMS? And if they are being planned to be included in a future version, in which version and when if it's possible, they will be implemented?

Thanks for that powerful DBMS; it is superb on all other aspects!

Cagil SEKER
Software Engineer
BizNet Information Technology Systems and Consulting