Reducing pg_dump & pg_restore times

From: "C(dot)M(dot) Shivkumar" <shivkumar(dot)cm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "General PostgreSQL List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Reducing pg_dump & pg_restore times
Date: 2006-10-26 05:10:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all!

I have databases of sizes ranging from 30-60GB that have to be backed-up and
restored. I want to reduce the pg_dump and pg_restore times for the same.
Can someone throw some light on how to go about it. I have tried tweaking
the postgresql.conf properties. Though, I am not sure what each property
means. If someone could point to a document on the same it would be really
helpful.

Thanksalot!
Shivkumar CM