Re: New minor release?

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New minor release?
Date: 2010-03-08 17:46:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 08/03/2010 11:19, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've seen that there will be minor releases of PostgreSQL in one to two
>>> weeks. It would probably be a good idea to release 1.10.2. There is not
>>> a lot of fixes (9 closed tickets, see
>>> http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=1.10.2),
>>> but some of them are bad enough.
>>
>> I'm not entirely against the idea, but I'm not sure I have the spare
>> cycles myself to do it all. Can you handle the version stamping,
>> tagging and website updates if I build the tarball and windows/mac
>> packages?
>>

> I can surely do that. I'll have to check how to do all that (especially
> the stamping part), but I'm available for this. FYI, I'm not available
> all day long till thursday night. But I can work on this at night, and
> after thursday night.

The version stamping should largely consist of just editting version.h
and committing it.

Note that the tarball will need to be built for first thing Friday
morning, in time for the PostgreSQL builds.

--
Dave Page
PG East Conference: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do