Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site
Date: 2009-11-11 16:06:18
Lists: pgeu-general

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> So assuming there's a decision made on where to sell it, and we get an
> account set up, who manages what merchandise is for sale?  I've heard
> things about plush elephants (or PostgreSQLephants as I call them),
> mugs, t-shirts etc, but is there a list?  And who orders them etc?
> I'd be happy to be given a job to do here, although I'm not quite sure
> what.

Ads has managed past orders of elephants and mugs for selling at shows
and conferences, however, if we're going to open an online store, my
view is that we should use somewhere like cafepress or zazzle where we
can make full use of their inventory, without having to produce any
stock of our own (dunno about zazzle, but with cafepress, you
basically just choose an item, upload the image to print on it, and
set the price). It should be entirely separate from the stock we keep
ourselves for shows (in fact, having to come to a show to get an
elephant has a certain appeal to it).

--
Dave Page