Re: pgadmin 1.10.0 crash

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Duffey, Blake A(dot)" <Blake(dot)Duffey(at)noblis(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin 1.10.0 crash
Date: 2009-10-19 08:36:28
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Duffey, Blake A.
<Blake(dot)Duffey(at)noblis(dot)org> wrote:
> A user is causing a consistent crash in version 1.10.0 (we have tried it on
> his XP SP3 client as well as a Windows 2003 terminal server).
>
> I’d like to provide the community to help identify the problem, as he said
> he had no such problems before we upgraded to this version of pgadmin.
>
> These steps cause the crash consistently:
>
> 1- Open PGAdmin and login
>
> 2- Resize panes horizontal and vertical ones.
>
> 3- Click on the views, and then click on the part of the view which has the
> source code.
>
> 4- Click on something else, for example, tables.
>
> 5- crash
>
> We know our view definitions are large, and wonder if that is a
> contributor.  The server is running PG 2.4

I can't reproduce a crash following that procedure. Can you be a
little more precise about what steps are required, and include a
sample view definition?

And what server are you running? There isn't a PG 2.4. There's an
8.4.0/8.4.1 or 8.2.4?

--
Dave Page