Re: Malfunction in dropping database with pgAdmin

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Sergei Abramov <auspex(at)rambler(dot)ru>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Malfunction in dropping database with pgAdmin
Date: 2009-08-10 19:03:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Guillaume
Lelarge<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le lundi 10 août 2009 à 15:48:39, Sergei Abramov a écrit :
>> Database dropping INITIATED BY pgAdmin leads to unability for SERVER
>> (not pgAdmin itself, surely!) to purify database folder. Both in Windows
>> XP and Windows 2000, both NTFS- and FAT-filesystems, the latter being
>> used just for experiment. If you don't care about this problem I won't
>> disturb you...

pgAdmin, psql, and dropdb will *all* drop the database by issuing a
DROP DATABASE query via libpq. There is no difference between them,
except possibly the database to which they initially connect. By
default all will use 'postgres'.

Even if there is a difference in database you are using for the
connection, then it is still a server issue, and should be reported to
pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

--
Dave Page