Re: Vote on Windows installer links

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date: 2009-07-08 19:20:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Simon Riggs<simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> "There is only one currently known Windows installer for PostgreSQL 8.4,
> and that can only be obtained by visiting an external commercial
> company's website: http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do
> Do you think this situation should be changed, if a reasonable
> alternative can be found? +1 means change, -1 means no change."
>
> "Do you believe that I am acting vindictively by asking for this? +1
> means yes, -1 means no."

You keep talking about our installer, but as I've pointed out, most of
the packages linked to from postgresql.org come from third party
websites, some of which are also commercial.

I assume your desire is for *all* of those off-site links to be
removed, and that you aren't singling out EnterpriseDB?

--
Dave Page