Re: pgagent in Debian sid

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Seb <spluque(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgagent in Debian sid
Date: 2009-06-03 15:47:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Seb <spluque(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I've resent my follow-up to the ng several times during the last 2 days,
> but some filter must be rejecting it, so am replying off-list.
> Hopefully this will make it here (thanks for having a look!):

Strange. The output from netstat looks reasonable though.

If you browse into the maintenance database using pgAdmin (I assume
you're using 'postgres'?), do you see the pgagent schema under the
catalogs node?

The code that displays the jobs node is this:

// Jobs
// We only add the Jobs node if the appropriate objects
are the initial DB.
if (settings->GetDisplayOption(_("pgAgent Jobs")))
{
wxString exists = conn->ExecuteScalar(
wxT("SELECT cl.oid FROM pg_class cl JOIN
pg_namespace ns ON ns.oid=relnamespace\n")
wxT(" WHERE relname='pga_job' AND nspname='pgagent'"));

if (!exists.IsNull())
{
exists = conn->ExecuteScalar(wxT("SELECT
has_schema_privilege('pgagent', 'USAGE')"));

if (exists == wxT("t"))
browser->AppendCollection(this, jobFactory);
}
}

It would also be interesting to see the results of those two queries
run by hand:

SELECT cl.oid FROM pg_class cl JOIN pg_namespace ns ON
ns.oid=relnamespace WHERE relname='pga_job' AND nspname='pgagent';

SELECT has_schema_privilege('pgagent', 'USAGE');

--
Dave Page